Thursday, September 4, 2008

Author Billy Anderson 'The Windstormy'


Billy Anderson
The Windstormy




Let’s start getting your shine on. Who are you?

For those of you that don't know, I have DID, (Dissociative Identity Disorder), or what used to be diagnosed as MPD, (Multiple Personality Disorder). I am a DID, not the 'core', (the person actually born to this body). My name is Billy, better known as The WindStormy™. I normally go by Billy Anderson.

When did you realize you had a passion for writing?

It all began in the teen years, after reading "Pet Cemetery" by Stephan King. Then later my deepest darkest writing desire came through after Anne Rice published the "Vampire Chronicles". My writing evolved into goth erotica, which is my passion.

All writers adore words. Describe your love affair with writing.

My love affair really revolves around getting a clear picture of the scene across to the readers, as well as drawing them in emotionally. I want them to feel what the character feels, experience the moments the character experiences. If it mean fear, love, hate, passion, pain, sex, you name it.

Name two authors with whom you share similar writing styles.

I honestly don't know many authors with my style of writing. But I guess you could say I'm fairly close to the styles of Lara Adrian and Amanda Ashley. I'm certainly nowhere near the style of Stephan King or Anne Rice, though I'd love to say I am. I do have to confess that I often will write the final chapter of a work, before the work is even half-way completed. That is also something that Stephan King does, believe it or not.

What makes them similar?

This is a good question. More the similarities of word usages, etc. I also think that Lara Adrian and I share a like mind in story progression.


Name and thank one author that has been instrumental in inspiring you to write.

I'd have to say thank you to Travis Vp Fox, people. Author of "Poison Ivy". He has stood behind me and is constantly encouraging me to continue my work. There is always an encouraging word on his lips. He's always reminding me of how good a writer I am, even though I feel I suck most of the time. He's always helpful with questions and concerns. I also believe he will be more than instrumental in my first publication. He's also my hero, y'all. You can't touch Travis Vp Fox!!


Now let’s get to the nitty gritty. What does your audience look like?

My audience looks just like you and me. I write both gay male and hetero vampire erotica. Most of my following, I have found, to be female, which isn't a surprise to me at all. I do have some male followers, but not as many as the women that love to read my work. They are hungry for more. They have fangs or desires for someone with fangs to come visit late at night...hehehe...

What genre does your story fall under?

I'd say goth erotica, or dark fantasy.

What’s the strangest thing you’ve seen or heard that somehow made its way into your story?

The strangest thing, I believe, is that most of my work starts with a dream, be it a night dream, (during sleep), or a daydream, (during waking hours). So when I say I dream about vampires, I'm not just whistling dixie, y'all.

New authors usually lack the business knowledge of writing. What has been the most valuable lesson you’ve learned about things beyond the page?

I honestly don't feel qualified to answer this question. But I will say that copyrighting and proofreading are very important. When you complete a work, proofread it and have someone with grammar and punctuation skills proofread it also. And make sure you have it copyright protected. No one likes the idea of their 'baby' being stolen, so protect your 'baby'. Get it copyrighted.

What are your thoughts on rejection letters?

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. We've all heard that saying and it rings true in the publishing world too. Make sure you've submitted your work for the genre the publisher is calling for. Make sure it's been proofread and edited. And submit the ______ (insert your own expression) out of it. You will most likely be rejected, but don't let it get you down. Keep on it. Keep going. Keep believing. Keep trying. Don't ever let them get you down!!!

If you approached an author with questions about writing, how would you expect them to respond?

I would hope that authors would be willing to share their experiences and how they became published. What do I need to do to be published? What pitfalls did you face that you could share and help me avoid? I also would love to see some of the authors being taking some of the unpublished writers by the hand and lead the way, sponsor them, by sharing your knowledge and help.

Are you ready to really shine? In 100 words or less, tell the Wednesdays & Fridays Blog readers why your manuscript should be published.

Most of my work includes actual incidences that happened to me growing up and in my adult life. With them I also share little tid-bits of what I learned about how to defeat low self-esteem, low self-confidence, inferiority complexes, etc. I share life with the dark, pleasure with pain, growth with set-backs that always occur in life. It comes in a story form and it is my hope of reaching people that have been abused, hurt, misused, and suffer a myriad of disorders. Because, so do I. And though I sometimes need to read my own work, to digest it again, I hope to help someone get through what they are going through or have been through.

Thank you so much for the opportunity to share with you.

Thank you WindStormy, the pleasure was truly ours.


To contact WindStormy:

windstormy@gmail.com

windstormy2001@yahoo.com

http://www.myspace.com/does_this_help

http://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=492595&page=submissions

8 comments:

  1. Okay - you guys just peeped me to an author I'm terribly interested in getting to know! Heading to his MySpace page, :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this interview and photo ain't bad either...wishing you mad love and success!

    angelia

    ReplyDelete
  3. CLG--KOOL! I'm a Windstormy fan. His work is really good. I think you'll like it

    Mama Deep
    Thanks! I have loved that pic since I first saw it on myspace...lol

    Thanks for stopping by sistahs!

    Darnetta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ladies,
    Thanks for stopping by. He is interesting and keeps it real.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW... you have introduced me to someone new. I;ll have to check these books out soon. Thanks for sharing and great interview.

    "cilla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, ladies. I'm so honored that you stopped by. Hope to see you on MySpace. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fascinating review. You exude confidence in your writing and spirit. The best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great interview. I read a bit of your work on Literotica. I like it.

    ReplyDelete

Interviewers

JC Martin is an aspiring author, a mother, and a wife. She has been reading books as far back as her memory will allow her to remember. She has always used books as an escape from her everyday life. Her passion for words became evident to her English teacher in the eighth grade. Since then Jennifer has been writing non-stop, but it was not until 2006 when she finally realized her passion. She reviews books because she truly loves reading, and wants to spread the word to more than just the people she knows.
DJ Frazier is an Ohio-born, spoken-word poet who has composed poetry since she was able to hold a laddie pencil. As reviewer for A Place Of Our Own (APOOO) and aspiring novelist, she dabbles in the literary scene from all perspectives. She has been published on www.thebacklist.net, interviewed on www.blogginginblack.com, and is currently submitting fiction manuscripts to publishers while juggling daughterhood, sisterhood, wifedom, parenthood, and of course, writing. Outside of family and all things literary, Darnetta overindulges in Hip-Hop, dabbles in computer graphic design, and creates handcrafted cards, candles, and jewelry.